CargoNet Advantage Membership
CargoNet Advantage membership is a key component of your EPIC/DAT Logistics Liability program.
CargoNet provides a layered solution to the cargo theft problem. It helps prevent cargo theft and increases recovery rates by facilitating secure information sharing among you, your business partners, and law enforcement.
As a CargoNet Advantage member, you get access to our national cargo theft alert network:
- integrated with multiple law enforcement systems
- with a reach of over 120,000 officers and 9,000 police agencies
Your membership also gives you exclusive benefits:
- Access to the CargoNet command center- A 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operations center and cargo recovery network – staffed with security experts always available.
- Annual and quarterly United States Theft Reports with extensive analysis, graphs, and charts to provide a comprehensive look at cargo crime in America
- Newsletters, statistics, and educational webinars to provide you with cargo theft trends, as well as tips for protecting cargo and truck stop locations where thefts have occurred
- Cargo theft data analysis to help determine risk exposure
- A competitive advantage for your business by the protection of a best-in-class cargo security program
- Much more, take a look at the accordian below to view the complete program overview!
Not only can CargoNet’s subject matter experts send a cargo theft alert to assist in a recovery, our shared cargo theft intelligence can help you prevent your loads from being stolen.
The below section will help you better understand all of our CargoNet Advantage membership features and benefits. Please make sure to expand on the below categories by clicking on the white arrow to view details and sample.
CargoNet Advantage is a unique program solely available through the EPIC/DAT Logistics Liability program.
CargoNet Recovery Network – The CargoNet recovery network is integrated with multiple law enforcement systems and works to quickly communicate pertinent cargo theft details agencies and cargo theft task forces on a local, state, regional and national level to assist in recovery efforts. View Sample
Investigative Support – The CargoNet operations team collects information to aid in member cargo theft investigations. The information collected is uploaded into the CargoNet database to assist law enforcement agents in the identification of stolen cargo.
CargoNet Operations Center - The CargoNet operations center, available 24 hours a day, becomes an extension of your security program.
Demonstrate to your clients that having a 24/7 operations center can assist with:
- Recovery efforts
- Communicating with law enforcement agencies
- Identifying stolen cargo
- Faster reporting
- Data collection and aggregation
- Administrative support
- Cargo theft report generation
- Hostage Load Support
- Pre Pass
- Post-theft data aggregation: (Serial numbers Lot numbers SKU numbers Product Descriptions)
- Tips and Best Practices View Sample
- Quarterly Webinars
- White Papers
- Cargo Security Training Videos
- Holiday Advisories View Sample
Weekly Newsletters View Sample - CargoNet members receive Weekly Newsletters which include:
- Weekly Incident Reports View Sample
- Weekly Theft Trend Analysis
- Industry News Events
Theft deterrent decals and pocket-tip cards provide carriers and drivers best practices to follow post theft event and 24 hour driver support.
- Theft Deterrent Decals* – CargoNet members who are asset based motor carriers can utilize CargoNet decals for their power units and trailers View Sample
- Driver Awareness Cards* – CargoNet member employees are provided with quick reference cards that give them the information they need and steps to take should they become a cargo theft victim.
*Available for purchase
Static Reports – Quarterly and Annual reports providing you with detailed analysis of cargo theft trends by: View Sample
- Cargo Theft by State
- Cargo Theft by Day of the Week
- Cargo Theft by Location
- Cargo Theft by Commodity Type
- Cargo Theft by Commodity Breakdown
- Cargo Theft by Loss Value Range
- Cargo theft report generation
- Cargo Theft by Theft Type
- and much more
Monthly Truck Stop Reports – View Sample
Decision Making Support – The use of cargo theft analytics can help you make better business decisions by helping identify the theft risk by, commodity, day of week, value, etc.
Member Portal - The member portal aggregates our weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cargo theft reports, truck stop theft locations, webinars, tips and best practices, member discounts, online training and more.
Marketing Value– CargoNet members use CargoNet's logo on their:
- Email Signatures
- Business Cards
- and much more...
Making a Difference
- Legislation Support – CargoNet provides cargo theft analytics to aid associations and law enforcement to lobby for stricter cargo theft penalties.
- Arrests & Convictions – Due to our investigation support we have aided law enforcement in arresting dozens of cargo thieves since 2010.
Preferred Pricing– CargoNet members receive discounts and preferred pricing from multiple security vendors that offer products such as consulting, tracking devices, monitoring, locks, seals, secure yards, background screening, investigations, security escorts, and more.
“As part of our commitment to provide tangible benefits to our logistics clients, EPIC formed a unique and strategic alliance with CargoNet almost a decade ago. Since then, CargoNet has assisted many of our clients in the recovery of stolen cargo. In addition, CargoNet’s data analytics and theft prevention strategies have helped many EPIC clients add multiple security layers to their risk mitigation programs. It is our goal to create a security centric environment for our logistics clientele and CargoNet will continue to help us accomplish this.”
– Philip DiChiara, Managing Principal and Global Practice Leader, EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants